Queensland Employment Support Services Ltd (QESS) was established in 2017 to provide support to long term unemployed people, Indigenous people, disabled people, youth and refugees.
QESS is a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) with Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) Status and is registered with Australian Charities and Not-for-Profit Commission (ACNC).
- Alleviate the poverty and misfortune suffered by unemployed and long term unemployed people through providing programs, projects, training and opportunities that develop their employment related skills or capacities for obtaining employment.
- Provide programs, services and assistance intended to provide relief for Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander people experiencing severe disadvantage, poverty or distress.
- Provide programs and services including rehabilitation and reintegration to prisoners and newly discharged prisoners to alleviate helplessness.
- Assist disabled people and their carers to overcome effects of the disability through information and services to access education and employment.
- Provide services and education directed at overcoming their condition of misfortune to Youth from poor or disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Provide services to refugees requiring assistance to overcome distress.
- To provide targeted services including those of a rehabilitative or educative nature to persons in the community identified as needing relief from poverty, distress, misfortune or helplessness.